Apple is recognized for offering iPhone models that have the best hardware and incredible features. Unfortunately, many users claim that this feature causes the iPhone model to slow down, and their onboard storage capacity runs out. This can be attributed to having a lot of unwanted apps and files on the iPhone.
It is very important to clear cache to speed up your iPhone. However, many iPhone users do not know how to do that, or simply consider it nonimportant.
iPhones do not usually require a lot of maintenance, a quick clean-up will ensure they run smoothly.
Now, let us check out how you can speed up your iPhone, and clear cache in your iPhone to save storage and help it run faster.
HOW TO CLEAR CACHE IN IPHONE SAFARI BROWSER
You can speed up your iPhone simply by clearing the cache of your phone’s browser. Browsers consume a considerable amount of storage for all the website data, history, cookies, and other files. In other words, if you did not clear the cache of your iPhone’s browser for a long time, it might be probably storing a lot of data causing the iPhone to slow down.
How do we do it?
- Go to the Setting application on your iPhone, scroll down to search, and find the Safari app.
- Click on the Safari app and go to Privacy & Security option. The Clear History and Website Data options are available under the Privacy & Security option.
- After tapping on it, click on the Clear History and Data option.
This will clear the cache and website from your iPhone’s Safari browser.
HOW TO SPEED UP YOUR IPHONE BY CLEARING THE CACHE OF GOOGLE CHROME
Many users install and use Google Chrome as their browser. Thankfully, Google offers an option to clear the caches from iPhones, and it is quite easy to do.
How do we do it?
The first step involves opening the Google Chrome app on your iPhone. Then, simply tap on the three dots that you see at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Go to the Settings option, and then scroll down to Privacy.
- After tapping on the Privacy option, the Clear Browsing Data option will pop up. Tap on it.
- Choose between Time ranges such as last 4 weeks, last 24 hours, last hour, and even all time.
- Users can also choose to clear the browsing history, saved passwords, auto-fill data, Cookies, site data, Cached images, and files.
After picking the option you want to clear, simply click on the Clear Browsing Data option available at the bottom. This will clear all cached data on your Google Chrome browser.
HOW TO CLEAR CACHE OF APP IN IPHONE
The app cache can also be cleared and this feature will free up a considerable amount of space, making your iPhone operate much faster.
Clear Cache of Apps in iPhone
Please note that Apple only provides the option to “offload” them. In other words, all the app data will be reinstated when you reinstall an app. This is quite a useful feature, considering that it saves your time and effort of starting everything all over again after reinstalling an app.
Let’s check out how you can clear the cache of apps on your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone, and then tap on the General section.
- Next, tap on the iPhone Storage to see a list of all the apps on your handset.
- Now, tap on the app of which you want to clear the cache.
- On the option to Offload App, tap on it.
- After tapping on the Offload App option, a pop-up message will appear warning you that the app will be deleted, but the data will not be cleared. Again, tap on the Offload App option to uninstall the app from your iPhone.
Clearing cache and other unwanted files are important when it comes to ensuring your iPhone don’t lag or work slow. Likewise, getting rid of apps that you do not use or need helps you to keep your iPhone running smoothly and without any lag.