Recently, Sony made the new Sony Xperia 1 IV, their flagship smartphone, officially available to the public a few days ago. There have been a few complaints about this smartphone ever since it was introduced to the public in an official capacity. Some people believe that the only change made to the smartphone was to the processor. Some people think that improvements could be made to the camera. Is the Sony Xperia 1 IV truly just an older model housed in an older container? Find out some of the most notable features of this device with us.
At a press conference held all over the world on May 11, Sony introduced the Xperia 1 IV. This product includes several standout features that establish it as a legitimate 2022 flagship smartphone. Let’s take a bird’s-eye view at a few of them, shall we?
SONY XPERIA 1 IV HIGHLIGHTS
The Sony Xperia 1 IV has a mix of a wide-angle lens with 24 millimeters, an ultra-wide-angle lens with 16 millimeters, and a periscope lens on the back of the device. The pixel count is irrelevant when discussing a Sony product because each of the three cameras has a resolution of 12 megapixels. The primary camera makes use of an optical image stabilization system and has a sensor that measures 1/1.7 inches. In terms of the ultra-wide-angle lens, it makes use of an autofocus-capable sensor measuring 1/2.5 inches. The periscope telephoto utilizes a sensor of 1/3.5 inches, which enables optical image stabilization in addition to focusing functionality.
In addition to that, the Sony Xperia 1 IV is capable of a continuous zoom range of 14mm to 375mm. Additionally, each of the three lenses is capable of recording video at a rate of 4K 120 frames per second. Even if the lens is changed, the focusing performance is still very good, just like it is with the Alpha camera. When it comes to performance, this camera will be among the finest in its category thanks to these specifications.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC is included with the Sony Xperia 1 IV, just like it is with other premium smartphones available for the Android operating system. This device additionally makes use of LPDDR5+ RAM and UFS 3.1 internal storage, both of which can accommodate memory card expansions of up to 1TB. This is more than sufficient to meet the requirements of the users daily.
At the same time, the Sony Xperia 1 IV uses a 6.5-inch AMOLED screen that has a resolution of 4K and a ratio of 21:9. Additionally, it offers a 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate. In addition to that, it makes use of 240Hz blur reduction technology. It is the only product currently available that is compatible with this technology. In terms of how images are displayed on mobile phones, devices with 4K resolution can be considered equivalent.
The Sony Xperia 1 IV has a battery capacity of 5000 mAh and supports cable rapid charging at a power output of 30 watts. In terms of battery life, this is an excellent smartphone. The manufacturer of this product asserts that it can charge fifty percent in just thirty minutes. The battery and the rapid charging feature don’t have anything particularly remarkable about them; yet, they are above average, and users won’t have any issues with power.
It is important to point out that the Sony Xperia 1 IV maintains both a separate connection for 35mm headphones and a button that is exclusively used for the shutter release. Additionally, this smartphone is compatible with NFC and features stereo twin speakers, among other features. Corning Gorilla Victus glass is used to provide protection on both the front and back of the device. In addition, customers have the option of choosing between two different memory versions with the Sony Xperia 1 IV. There is a variant with 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage, as well as a version with 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage. In addition to that, it is available in three different colors, namely night smoke black, ice fog white, and twilight purple.
The Sony Xperia 1 IV may be considered flawless in every respect in general, and being the company’s flagship device, which places a strong emphasis on photos, it has made significant efforts to improve its camera quality. The Sony Xperia 1 IV is an excellent choice for those who have a strong interest in photography. To purchase this piece of equipment will set you back close to $1,600, which is the downside.
SONY XPERIA 1 IV SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.5-inch (1644x3840pixels), 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz Motion blur reduction, 240Hz Touch scanning rate, Creator mode “powered by CineAlta”—Inspired by Master Monitor color reproduction, DCI-P3 100 percent, ITU-R BT.2020 (REC.2020), Illuminant D65 White point, 10-bit tonal gradation, X1 for mobile, Corning
- Mobile platform with an octa-core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm CPU and an Adreno next-generation GPU
- 12 Gigabytes of LPDDR5 Random Access Memory, 512 Gigabytes of UFS 3.1 Internal Memory, and Memory Expansion Capability of Up to 1 Terabyte Via MicroSD Card
- Android 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12 Megapixel (MP) rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, 1/1.7″ sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization (OIS/EIS), and 12 Megapixel (MP) front camera with f/2.2 aperture 1/2.4″ 124° ultra-wide-angle 16 mm lens with 12MP f/2.3 (85 mm 28° field of view) and f/2.8 (125 mm 20° field of view) 1/3.5-inch telephoto lens, 3.5x to 5x optical zoom, 3D iToF sensor, ZEISS T* coating, real-time eye detection for humans and animals, real-time tracking, and 4K video recording.
- 12 megapixels of resolution on the front-facing camera with a 1/2.9-inch Exmor RS mobile sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84 degrees of field of view, and the ability to capture 4K video.
- 3.5 mm audio jack, 360 Reality Audio, 360 Reality Audio hardware decoding, 360 Spatial Sound19, Full-Stage stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, and Qualcomm aptX HD audio are some of the features that are included.
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 165.1 × 71.12 × 7.62mm; Weight: 187.1g
- Dustproof, as well as water-resistant (IPX5/IPX8) (IP6X)
- 5G (sub-6GHz / mmWave) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz / 5GHz) Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS, NFC, and a USB 3.1 Type-C port are some of the other features included.
- 5000mAh battery with support for rapid charging through 30W (USB PD), Xperia Adaptive Charging, Battery Care, STAMINA Mode, Qi Wireless charging, and the ability to share the battery with other devices.