Android updates have always been a week point when compared to iOS. Until recently, Google only offered these updates only for their devices. Nokia changed this by guaranteeing security updates for all its devices. Samsung has often been criticized many times for not doing the same on theirs. The company has recently announced a change in its policy meaning they will offer four years of guaranteed updates for most of its devices.
In the list of devices that will get four years of security updates. We see it includes almost all Galaxy devices launched after 2019. Premium and mid-range devices and even the Galaxy Tab series.
Samsung says it is working with hundreds of carriers to ensure security updates. The most important takeaway is that Galaxy devices will get Android security updates on time. The most popular devices will get monthly security updates, while less popular phones could receive updates once every quarter.
Below is the list of all Samsung devices that get four years of support
- Galaxy Foldable devices: Fold, Fold 5G, Z Fold2, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy S series: S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20, S20 5G, S20+, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note series: Note10, Note10 5G, Note10+, Note10+ 5G, Note10 Lite, Note20, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy A series: Galaxy A series: A10, A10e, A10s, A20, A20s, A30, A30s, A40, A50, A50s, A60, A70, A70s, A80, A90 5G, A11, A21, A21s, A31, A41, A51, A51 5G, A71, A71 5G, A02s, A12, A32 5G, A42 5G
- Galaxy M series: M10s, M20, M30, M30s, M40, M11, M12, M21, M31, M31s, M51
- Galaxy XCover series: XCover4s, XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro
- Galaxy Tab series: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7+